Fitness Brain Games
Fitness Brain Games
Want to test your fitness knowledge? We've got some brain games for you! Try your hand at the following quizzes and puzzles and get Fitness Smart!
1) Endurance is the ability to maintain a high level of physical activity for a long period of time. An example of an endurance sport is marathon running. Name at least 5 other sports or physical activities that would require endurance:
1 - _____________________________________________________________
2 - _____________________________________________________________
3 - _____________________________________________________________
4 - _____________________________________________________________
5 - _____________________________________________________________
2) Cardiovascular fitness is the ability of the heart and lungs to supply oxygen and blood to muscles during physical activity, especially strenuous activities. How many other words can you make from the letters in cardiovascular:
_________________ _________________ ________________ _______________ _________________ _______________ ________________ _____________ _________________ _________________ ________________ _______________
3) Muscles are very important and, in addition to other key functions, allow our bodies to have strength and movement. Below is a series of words, but only 5 of them are actually muscles. Circle those 5 and point to where they are on your body:
ankle throat deltoids tonsils knee tongue
colon glutes elbow nostril heel shin
biceps femur kidney spleen triceps hip
shoulder stomach bladder quadriceps hand arch
4) Nutrition is key for good health as it fuels the body for physical (and mental) activity. Fruits and vegetables are a part of a healthy, nutritional diet. Unscramble the words below to get your daily dose of those foods!
pleap___________ nanbaa____________ nachpis_____________ earp___________ colicrob___________ ronc________________
ceuttel_________ pasbrrieser_________ mattoose____________ pesgra_________ seap______________ chesaep_____________
5) When you work out or play a sport, you always want to make sure that you are wearing the proper gear. Match the article of clothing on the left column with the activity it would be worn with in the right column.
knee pads running
flip flops hockey
life jacket snorkeling
6) All sports require specific equipment. Unscramble the words in the right column to match the sport in the left column.
horseback riding leddas_______________
field hockey tckis________________
paddle boarding dledap_______________
7) There are many types of exercises and activities to help you stay fit. Find the 7 in the hidden maze below. Once you find them, try to do them!
F B B Y A X P L O M
S Q U A T S P L R T
L C R U N C H U V S
B D P L F H K N P W
A G E J N Q S G O I
E X E R C I S E S M
F Y S C U R L S A C